Debian suggestion on File Deletion

Hello Debian OS developers,

I have a suggestion for the Debian Project:

The system/administration section of the OS is password protected. This is a good protection against viruses etc that would attack the OS but maybe the Debian developers could include password protecting Emptying the Trash. So when you delete files, they would be sent to the Trash as always but if you want to empty it, a user password would be necessary. This would prevent harm from viruses even though I understand that Linux has very few of them.

The same idea could be applied to the Terminal. The Terminal would ask for a password every time you would want to delete a file.

To my knowledge, today the only way of protecting files in a similar way is to create different user profiles with different permissions.

Hope you will take my suggestion into account.

Regards,
David