Re: Secure Installation

On Dienstag 21 August 2007, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> Iptables can already do this, it can communicate with user-space
> applications. There's just no desktop-oriented firewall application (that I
> know of) that uses this feature to use this feature.
There is one - fireflier by Martin Maurer. Surprisingly, it has not received
much interest so far, despite having been a proper Debian package for some
time now. I still think it is a good implementation of a "desktop-style"
firewall for Linux, and it's available right now.
This might be a good moment to try it though, as Martin is considering to drop
upstream development due to lack of user interest ;-)

with best regards,
Rene