Re: security mirror out of date: 128.101.240.212

On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 11:19:32PM +0200, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:

> no. Bad karma.

I like this explanation the most :)
This would explain a lot...

Funny thing is that today when i run "host security.debian.org" i get
alternating results exactly as it should be, so today it looks like
rerunning apt-get update a few times would have worked, even if it
didn't yesterday or the day before that.
Oh well, bad karma it was ;)

Most likely my ISP's DNS cached the IP and gave me the same IP for
security.debian.org every time i did rerun apt-get update. Maybe
someone hit it with a cluebat in the meantime, because it works as
it should now.

Thanks to everyone that answered, both here and privately.

Tomas