Re: How to prevent daemons from ever being started?

On Mon, 15 May 2006, Emanuele Rocca wrote:
> I don't have an answer for the "don't start upon new install" problem,
> though.

I do.  invoke-rc.d support is *mandatory* now in Debian, which means that
for Sid and Etch you can write a policy-rc.d file that forbids starting new
daemons before you configure them.

There are no such scripts packaged yet, although they are quite simple to
write.  See package policyrcd-script-zg2, and the file
/usr/share/doc/sysv-rc/README.policy-rc.d.gz  which is distributed by the
"sysv-rc" package.

  Henrique Holschuh