Re: Secure rsync setup, bind-mount ro

> Debian packages... But let me qualify my statement. "Bind mounts are
> just an aliasing mechanism in default kernels as distributed with any
> major distribution I looked at." Satisfied?
 Nope, they are not an aliasing mechanism, otherwise it would be impossible
to do the thing you've just seen.

> > because "noone would use that", and "that was linux behaviour for years
> > and noone complained yet".
> The curse of backwards compatibility. Coming from somebody who routinely
> breaks ABIs...
 AFAIK noone ever mentioned any problem with backwards compatibility (ie,
noone mounts stuff with ,ro and then uses it as rw).

> ... and you filed a bug to have them included in the Debian kernel
 It IS included in debian kernels, talk to debian-kernel, they maintain it:

Linux abc 2.6.18-3-vserver-686 #1 SMP Thu Nov 23 23:10:59 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux

Package: linux-image-2.6.18-3-vserver-686
Section: admin
Installed-Size: 49716
Maintainer: Debian Kernel Team <debian-kernel@lists.debian.org>
Architecture: i386

> builds? After first packaging them as a Debian kernel patch package? I
  are you attacking me for not being annoying enough? I'm so sorry.

--
Dariush Pietrzak,
Key fingerprint = 40D0 9FFB 9939 7320 8294  05E0 BCC7 02C4 75CC 50D9