automounting (was Re: avahi-daemon)

On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 11:20:56AM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
So, I repeat my question: should we hunt down and file bugs (grave or worse)
on packages automounting removable media without nosid, nodev ?

Here's what I'd suggest:

Write a policy that covers best practices and see how current implementations map to it. Enter a dialog with maintainers of packages which do something else. See if you can get consensus. Address any concerns. At that point you can try to get the policy formalized.
The problem is scoped tightly enough that it doesn't appear intractable.

--
Michael Stone