Re: Light weight IDSes and then some

George P Boutwell wrote:

It looks as though you've gotten at least one other reply, but I've not seen it/them (yet)

3) I'd like to provide some limited SFTP (SSH FTP) mechanisms for
select individuals, for these I would really like to do away with the
shell, but I haven't found away, how can I provide an shell-less SFTP
or severely restricted SFTP service for these people?

To provide the type of access you're talking about above, I use scponly

http://www.sublimation.org/scponly/

version 4.1 available on the site, 4.0.2 is in unstable.

Chrootable, easily configured for multiple users, quite handy. The man pages and README are required if you want it setup right, though.

best,

.brian

--
Brian Bilbrey : http://www.orbdesigns.com/
	"Kirk to Enterprise -- beam down yeoman Rand and a six-pack."