Re: Dns refresh

There is really no excuse for such egregious cross posting. Please send
questions to apppropriate mailing lists only, preferably one at a time.

On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 15:58 -0300, Servilink Santiago Francos wrote:

> Hello, I have a server and I changed the ip number of the server and
> the nameserver (and restarted the services) but when i try to reach
> the server, it goes to the old ip. How can I make the dns to refresh
> the ip number?

If you haven't already done this, check to see the the named did indeed
restart. Do a:

dig @yournameserver <the hostname you want to reach>

to ensure that it is really serving the info you indend.

Since you changed the IP of the nameserver for your domain (assuming it
public), may want to check that at least one of the servers you've
specified in your domain registration is still reachable. You may need
to contact your domain registrar and update your domain info. Once
you've updated your registration info, you may need to wait a few hours
for it to take effect.

-davidc

--
Persistent people begin their success where others end in failures.
-Edward Eggleston