Re: What is a security bug?

In article <[🔎] 5B97FFB7F28E3E4294B049C968CBF47BE46E1B@SERVER-EX02A.INTERN.BBNED.NL> you wrote:
> Well, obviously it is not a _security_ bug, since it has nothing to do
> with security.
> well, that's obviously for me, but maybe someone else has a different
> opion about this issue?

Your definition and mine of security are not compatible :)

(availability is a security discipline and a DOS is a security attack for
me). But I think we had this discussion before on this list...

However it doesnt matter, you are right: critical application crashes
(especially if triggerable by untrusted peers) are critical enough to be
fixed anyway. AND crashes often have the potential to be exploitable
(stacksmashing?).

Gruss
Bernd