Current-stable trouble getting through http proxy

I am running the current-stable release. I am able to download packages via ftp through our ISA 2004 server. I would prefer to use http and unless I am mistake that is the only way through apt-get to download the security update packages. Apt returns Error 407:Authetication issue with proxy. I set up a variable 'export http_proxy=http://[myusername]:[passwd]@[proxyaddress]:[port]. This still did not solve my problem. I then tried to add our domain controller and proxy/firewall as default gateways. When I could not get either one to work I said to heck with it and thought my cussing could be better spent on teachers/students not using our resources properly. My apologies if I am sending this to the incorrect list but I do know enough of you are regulars on nearly all lists and your assistance is appreciated. Win2003 Server running ISA 2004 as a firewall/proxy and a DC running Win2003 Server as well. Any suggestions are appreciated.