Re: JCE Code Signing Certificate

Hi,

On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 09:51 +0200, Michael Koch wrote:
> This is a big field which needs even bigger investigation. The free
> runtimes can load them but signed jars are still not supported (or was
> this fixed lately...). Your best action would be to just test it with
> kaffe or gcj or whatever and report any bugs you find.

Signed jars can be loaded and the classes are assigned protection
domains based on the found signatures. That doesn't mean all permission
checks are done correctly or that access controller has been implemented
correctly. We need to do an extensive security audit of the whole code
base (compiler, runtime, core libraries) before trusting this kind of
"sandboxing" to work as advertised.

Cheers,

Mark