Re: Abwesenheit

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 05:38:00PM +0200, Evgeni Golov wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 17:19:37 +0200
> Peer Janssen <peer@baden-online.de> wrote:
>
> > Isn't sending such mails a security risk?
>
> Not only this. It's also quite annoying for the ML readers... I don't
> like this vacancy announcers.
> Think bout what would be, if all the ppl sending this messages would be
> subscribed to d-s too: their autoreply goin trough the list back to
> them and generating a new reply... and so on ;-(

Normally a reasonnably configured  utoresponder will only send this
message once. So actually most of these ppl _are_ subscribed to d-s.

> > Badhearts (why should a black hat as such be a bad thing?) might take
> > advantage of a sysadmin's absence to break into systems, houses,
> > relationships, ...
>
> You're right.

Is he? I think the risk of potential harm is higher if people do _not_
know that you are not at work than if some people _do_ know you are not.
Just think of a customer waiting for a reply to an email...

cya
Horst

--
The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred.