RE: On Mozilla-* updates

Hi.
(excuse me in advance for my bad english or french barbarisms :) )

I was thinking about a policy for managing packages built around "never
patched" softwares like Moz/FireFox.
Volatile and Security repositories do not fit for that, everybody agrees
with that. So:

Sid version would try and follow every official release, keeping a running
version, with minimal corrections.

Sometime THE CORE OF a new official release (non debian), once tested in
sid, would be seen as "more reliable" (must be explicitated) than the
testing version and would be "frozen" from sid to testing/etch. At that time
the testing version gets a debian internal release subnumber "0" (for
example), and forks, correcting whatever bug/hole, etc, around the official
release.
Sometimes, it doesn't get "stable/secure enough" to go to stable/sarge, and
it is replaced by a new "more stable" from sid.

But once in a while (not too often), a release from testing would hopefully
go into stable rep...

Of course, this would keep an old version in stable, but it is not unusual
with debian/stable :)
++