Re: On Mozilla-* updates

Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 08:15:22PM +0100, antgel wrote:
>
>>Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>>
>>>the issue is that they often don't apply to versions which are a few
>>>months old.
>>
>>Not automatically, but perhaps if we had a dedicated team of a few people
>>who can code, we could manually mould them to the version in stable?
>

> Have you been following this discussion?  That is exactly what we have been
> killing ourselves doing for the past few years.  It is a _losing battle_.

I've been following a fair bit of the discussion, but it's hard to pull
the facts out from the opinion..  I'm not belittling the Debian team
efforts, and I'm sorry if I seemed like I was.  If it is a losing
battle, then it's one that we should try to equip ourselves[1] to win.
If you are saying that we can't equip ourselves then fine, but it's a
shame.  We are on the same side here.

Antony

[1] This includes more manpower and liaising with Mozilla to see if they
can help more than they are doing.