Re: On Mozilla-* updates

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 09:04:01PM +0100, antgel wrote:

> Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > Have you been following this discussion?  That is exactly what we have been
> > killing ourselves doing for the past few years.  It is a _losing battle_.
>
> I've been following a fair bit of the discussion, but it's hard to pull
> the facts out from the opinion..  I'm not belittling the Debian team
> efforts, and I'm sorry if I seemed like I was.  If it is a losing
> battle, then it's one that we should try to equip ourselves[1] to win.
> If you are saying that we can't equip ourselves then fine, but it's a
> shame.  We are on the same side here.
>
> Antony
>
> [1] This includes more manpower and liaising with Mozilla to see if they
> can help more than they are doing.

I'm guessing that you're not going to volunteer on the manpower side, and I
don't think that it would be a good way to spend resources even if we had
them.  You're welcome to attempt to convince the Mozilla project to change
the way that they work for the benefit of distribution security teams.  If I
recall correctly, others have unsuccessfully attempted this in the past, but
since you are interested in this issue, perhaps you will try again and
report back to us.

--
 - mdz