Re: Debian Security Support in Place

[Sven 'Rae the Git' Grounsell]
> Also, you are IMHO ignoring, that Debian is one of the _very_ few
> distros, that provides _seamless_ upgrades between even major
> releases.

This is a slight exaggeration, as this do not really work very
seamlessly for packages where the configuration was changed.  I get a
lot of conffile questions during upgrades when trying to upgrade my
woody servers to sarge, and I would not call that seamless.

And for desktops, I ran into several problems with the package
selection when upgrading.  apt-get and aptitude wanted to remove
several of the packages instead instead of upgrading them.