Re: Sudo question

also sprach Johann Spies <jspies@sun.ac.za> [2005.07.08.1057 +0200]:
> How is it possible that I can enable this user not only to run
> programs from this directory, but to kill the process he started when
> necessary using SUDO - without enabling him to kill any process on the
> machine.

The only way to do this is to write a script which ensures that the
PID is within the range of allowed PIDs, and then to give sudo
access to the script. Beware that it's easy to make mistakes in
scripts which could allow the user to gain root rights.

`. `'`

"how do you feel about women's rights?"
"i like either side of them."
                                                       -- groucho marx