Re: Bad press related to (missing) Debian security - action
On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Javier [iso-8859-1] Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
lots of people have their own requiremetns for security ...
instead of adding to the security team's tasks, and instead of writting
emails, why don't we spend the time to write some scripts to do
what we're expecting to be done by the security team ??
- the security tasks are not that hard to implement
but does require time and some fore thought
- more importantly.... the testing prior to release of pacjkages
should be 100% automated ... so that any volunteer can run
the regression test suites prior to releasing patches
- there is NOT one "right security solution" but there will be many
- yes.. i'm volunteering if there is enough "folks" that want to
solve security problems and automate security patch releases
- it's a task for debian-man .. more than what super-man or
bat-man can do