Re: Bad press related to (missing) Debian security

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 06:44:06PM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 12:00:28AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> >Do you guys see this as a de facto state with no solution, or is
> >a good solution simply waiting to be found?
>
> The security secretaries were originally going to be part of the
> solution, and there was talk from some people about writing a tracking
> system that didn't materialize. Mostly I think it just needs
> recognition that it's a problem that needs a solution.

When I approached the security team last year I was told that there was
indeed a tracking system, it just could not be made public because it mixed
both publicly known vulnerabilities (i.e. those other's have released
advisories on) and non-public vulns (i.e. those discussed in vendor-sec or
reported privately).

Regards

Javier