Security Support by the Security-Team

Hi!

Today I noticed a message on http://www.infodrom.org/~joey/log/?200506142140
that security-support was down during the last days.
 Because this is not an "official"
channel I tried to verify this by the lists and s.d.o without success.

A lot of people (to my opinion) trust the way of the debian-security-team
doing their work, so my question is:

Is it possible to make some "state" information about the
"security system" available which tells users of debian about the
missing buildds or the maybe 4 security-packages in queue etc.?

A simple RED-GREEN state or a mail to s-a@d.o can help a lot in this case.
(Maybe yellow for packages in queue?)

This can help users to intensify the "security-radar" when
official security-support is broken for some reasons.

I'm also interested in other opinions as I can't suggest an already
established best-practice. (No, I don't suggest an early-warning system)

TIA
Helmut