gd2lib may be expliotable, please upgrade stable.

This is a forward from the debian-user mailing lists, I am not a
member of the debian security list due to its large input in my
mailbox.

The current libgd2 in debian stable may be exploitable and may even
give root uid/gid if misused properly, due to its nature to segfualt
when the gdImageCopy function is used in it from the php gd2 wrapper
for the apache php module; You get the idea.

A general upgrading of the packages for apachelib-php4, php4-cgi,
php4-gd2, and most importantly the affected package libgd2, should
fix this, but they are not available in debian stable (woody) at this
time... So the problem persists.

This what you get for using a beta version of libgd2 in a stable
distro branch..

Have a nice day, and I hope this gets fixed soon.