Re: repeated requests for a file favicon.ico

No need to panic. Favicons are those incons to the left of your URL on
most browsers. Browsers automatically see if it exists in your root every
time your page is visted, if it doesen't exist it is logged as an error.
Thus your logz.

LB

> Sorry to bother, but is this an attack? I get repeated requests for a
file "favicon.ico" that should have been, or so the client connecting
believes, in the root of my htdocs. The conections come from different
hosts, and at least in some it seems to be running Konqueror, so it is
not a Windows worm:  "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 1004 "-" "Mozilla/5.0
> (compatible; Konqueror/2.2.2; Linux)".
>
> I run Debian Sarge, with Apache 1.3.31. There never existed a
> "favicon.ico" on my server since I am online, I never registered to
search engines, kept a low profile, used a very restrictive robots.txt
etc. and used the site only to have online a development version of the
site I am doing for a customer. This comes after some weeks of  attacks
and failed buffer overflow attempts, so I might be getting to nervous.