Re: get notice of sec update if package is on hold

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, s. keeling wrote:

> Incoming from Timo Veith:
> >
> > if I have a package on hold for some reason AND I would not read
> > debian-security-announce, how could I get to know whether there is a
> > secur[it]y update for that package ?
>
>   i) Subscribe to debian-security-announce           !?!
>
>  ii) Go to lists.debian.org and see them there?

If you really do not want to do the recommended subscription i) you can
still write a script that

	I) checks the packages-version in /etc/apt/preferences against the
	version in /var/cache/apt/archives/

	II) sends you an email, if there are any changes.

But in my opinion i) would be more reasonable.

Th