Re: get notice of sec update if package is on hold

Incoming from Timo Veith:

> if I have a package on hold for some reason AND I would not read
> debian-security-announce, how could I get to know whether there is a
> secur[it]y update for that package ?

  i) Subscribe to debian-security-announce           !?!

 ii) Go to lists.debian.org and see them there?

The first of those is an absolutely perfect answer to the problem.
That's why it exists.  Why would you not want to use it?

- -