Title: New libpng, libpng3 packages fix multiple vulnerabilities
Date: 20040804
Upgrade-required: simple
Vulnerability: several
Problem-Type: local/remote
Debian-specific: no
CVE-Ids: CAN-2004-0597 CAN-2004-0598 CAN-2004-0599 CAN-2004-0768

Package: libpng
Architecture: any
Binary: libpng2-dev, libpng2
Version: 1.0.12-3.woody.7

Package: libpng3
Architecture: any
Binary: libpng-dev, libpng3
Version: 1.2.1-1.1.woody.7

This can be easily distributed, parsed and compared to the package
status database to determine which installed packages must be upgraded,
and can raise an alert if required.

I can script the generation of a MR-DSA from existing data, especially
the DSA itself. Before I do: has anyone already done anything like this
with DSAs, and would anyone be interested in using the resulting
mechanism?

Joshua.

--
Joshua Goodall <joshua@myinternet.com.au>
Solutions Architect / Principal Security Architect