Re: pgp in Debian: obsolete?

> http://tiefighter.et.tudelft.nl/~arthur/gnupg-idea/
>
> It is sort of an source-based installer. You get the source, when
> building the package it downloads the source and creates a binary
> package. The source file idea.c is however not DFSG free because the
> copyrights notice forbids distribution in ceirtain coutries (and that is
> apart from the patent issue).

do we know who the original author of that file was?  and what country
they wrote the code in?

a lot of times, those copyright notices are applied in order to protect
the author from possible violations of US export controls.  the original
author may now be able to relicense the code with a more compatible set of
restrictions...