redundancy after twente?

It was a great achievement of James and all the others to have
a satie replacement within two days. I understand the reason for not
mirroring s.d.o, but I wonder if we have learnt from the arson and
now have more redundancy in place than before. For instance, is
there a secondary s.d.o that could take over the DNS A record when
klecker becomes unreachable for longer periods?

Thanks for any information.

`. `'`