Re: Non-existent user able to log in??? hacked????

On Tue, 18 May 2004, elijah wright wrote:

> Arnaud, if i remember correctly, there's a special directory you can go to
> and type 'make' - you get a set of rebuilt NIS databases as a result.

Just run

/usr/lib/yp/ypinit -m

on the NIS master server, this ought to refresh all NIS maps. If you can,
get rid of NIS, it is a security nightmare (I know, I have to run it for
backward compatibility reasons). If you need something like NIS, use LDAP,
it is somewhat easier to secure.

Bye
Giacomo

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas@ca.astro.it>

OSSERVATORIO ASTRONOMICO DI CAGLIARI
Str. 54, Loc. Poggio dei Pini * 09012 Capoterra (CA)

Tel. (OAC): +39 070 71180 248     Fax : +39 070 71180 222
Tel. (UNICA): +39 070 675 4916

"When the storms are raging around you, stay right where you are"
                         (Freddy Mercury)