Re: Non-existent user able to log in??? hacked????

Greetings,

It's been a long time, but IIRC, the NIS uses it's own dbm files which are
built from those in /etc. The test account must have existed when you set
it up.

G'day,
sjames

-------------------------steven james, director of research, linux labs
... ........ ..... ....                    230 peachtree st nw ste 2701
the original linux labs                             atlanta.ga.us 30303
      -since 1995                              http://www.linuxlabs.com
                                              office & fax 866.545.6306