Re: USB Stick, GPG and CryptoFS in a startup script

Hallo Goswin,

Goswin von Brederlow schrieb:

Clemens Bier <ClemensBier@arcor.de> writes:
<snip>
cannot open '/dev/tty' : no such device or address Error: Password must be at least 20 characters
</snip>

I think you need to redirect input from /dev/tty or /dev/console
explicitly or you need to setup an utmp entry first (like login would
do).

Could you explain more precisely what you mean by utmp and /or explicit redirecting? Looking at the line that starts with gpg, I try to redirect the input from /dev/console. But I still ge the same error. I do also get a "cannot open '/dev/tty' : no such device or address" if I insert a debug statement like 'echo "Debug" > /dev/tty' into my script.

Thanks,

Clemens