name based virtual host and apache-ssl

Hi

I'm running a web (ssl) server with several virtual domains. at the moment
they are name based (non-ip) which of course produce a warning in the
user's browser when he try to connect to a host that is not the default one
(key). I've looked in the documentation and found that ssl doesn't support
name based virtual domains. I was wondering if there is a way around that
(like using rewrite rules). say I want to offer web hosting, do I need to
have different IP for every https domain I'm hosting? this could result in
having to buy a few hundred IP's...

thanx
--
Haim