Re: name based virtual host and apache-ssl

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 12:55:11PM +0200, Haim Ashkenazi wrote:
(key). I've looked in the documentation and found that ssl doesn't support
name based virtual domains.

Correct; that would be impossible (the SSL session is established before
the client sends the name of the host it is looking for).

I was wondering if there is a way around that

No.

say I want to offer web hosting, do I need to
have different IP for every https domain I'm hosting?

Yes.

The best you could do would be to attach different certificates to
different ports, but that would be extremely cumbersome and probably
would lead to confusion.

Mike Stone