Re: Backporting SELinux to woody

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 22:14, "Milan P. Stanic" <mps@rns-nis.co.yu> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 09:42:52PM +1100, Russell Coker wrote:
> > If you copy all files related to a package intact then you don't have to
> > make such changes.
> >
> > If you make any changes at all (even re-compiling with a different
> > compiler and/or libc) then you must update the changelog appropriately.
>
> Is it enough to put note in changelog that the package is backported
> to woody?

Yes, that's fine.

> I can do that for binary packages tomorrow but I don't have
> enough time for sources until next week.
> Can I put in version something like libselinux1_1.6-0.1-bp.mps_i386.deb
> instead of libselinux1_1.6-0.1_i386.deb?

Sure.  The exact version numbering isn't overly important.  People who put
multiple back-port repositories in their apt config may get results that
don't work well, but that's just a mistake anyway.  Just make sure that your
repository is in some way internally consistent and can be differentiated
from other repositories and everything will be fine.