help needed with firewall logging ..please

Hello,
I need to know how can a firewall be tested against a SYN Flooder. I have the SYN flooder program and also configured my firewall. My IPtables script against the SYN packets is the usual :
> $IPTABLES -N syn-flood
> $IPTABLES -A syn-flood -m limit --limit 50/s --limit-burst 104 -j RETURN
> $IPTABLES -A syn-flood -j DROP
> $IPTABLES -A OUTPUT -p tcp --syn -j syn-flood
 Now how do i actually find out if the packets are being dropped.
i.e where shud I chk my system log files to see the dropped packets ... I mean which file is it n under which dir ..
And.. where shud I add the LOG prefix in the chains ?
Please help me out as i desperately need to know this. Help truly appreciated.
Thanks .
Suhail.

Do you Yahoo!?