Re: Query NS <Root>

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 02:29:53PM +0100, Hans Spaans wrote:
> But than a gain, you can do a joke next month so people have a problem
> or you can fix this problem by adding allow-query statements to your
> named.conf and forcing people to abuse someone else.

Actually that's precisely how I discovered it. I added
allow queries and was trying to figure out why I was
denying so many queries per second.

Others should take a look and see if this is really
widespread. I'm getting it from a whole *bunch* of
different ip's.

I wish I could do the joke, but I have too many real
zones that I primary and secondary so I can't really
load a phony root.db.

I agree with your analysis. It seems like a really
stupid thing to do, which is why I am having trouble
understanding why so many people are querying me
like that. It just doesn't make sense.

   Dale Amon     amon@islandone.org    +44-7802-188325
       International linux systems consultancy
     Hardware & software system design, security
    and networking, systems programming and Admin
	      "Have Laptop, Will Travel"