Re: tripwire .deb for Woody

On Tuesday, 2004-01-13 at 13:34:18 +0100, Lupe Christoph wrote:

> Has anybody on this list managed to backport the tripwire package to
> Woody? I'm running into a strange problem where configure tries to
> locate an include file named "locale". Yes, without an suffix. I don't
> know much C++, but this does not seem normal to me. Plus, when I try to
> backport to Sarge, configure does not contain this test. The backport to
> Sarge fails in a different way, BTW.

Ha! I found that one out. First, the include file is OK. I found it on
my home machine. Second, compiling tripwire with g++ 2.95 does not work.
You need g++ 3.0. libstdc++3-dev contains that include file.

CXX=g++-3.0 CC=gcc-3.0 dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -us -uc

CC=... is possibly not needed, but it's probably better to have the same
version of g++ and gcc in case it is needed.

I would submit this port and a few others to backports.org, but I'm not
a Debian Developer. Maybe I should aspire to become one ;-)

Lupe Christoph
--
| lupe@lupe-christoph.de       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| "Violence is the resort of the violent" Lu Tze                         |