Re: More hacked servers?

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Dan Jacobson wrote:

> > So, give the people some time and after the details are disclosed -
> > learn from their experience and use it in your work.
>
> Let's examine natural disasters, e.g. a typhoon.  The pros agree that
> the public must be able to get to timely reports issued from the
> disaster control center, via e.g. local radio stations.
>
> Here in the debian world, there was one announcement posted on the
> 21st, then blackness.  One assumes those in charge have been replaced
> by zombies and the typhoon is headed our way.

I agree.

A least, they can stay us informed about their actions... for example:

21 sep: hacked, we moved all domain to blah, bluh, blih.
22 sep: investiguation started, by X, X.  We think it will take X
hours/day/month/years
24 sep: We still investiguate, please be patient, we think we will
terminate that in two hour/day/month/years.

and so on, it's not so hard, and it's take 2 minutes or less.

E.
--
Eric LeBlanc
inouk@igt.net