chkrootkit and lkm

Hello,

This is a testing/unstable system.

I was just running 'chkrootkit' and came across this warning:

> Checking `lkm'... You have     4 process hidden for ps command
> Warning: Possible LKM Trojan installed

I did some reading and made sure the number is not changing (due to
running 'chkrootkit' while new processes are started and /proc and 'ps'
are not syncronized) - it remains 4.
I then went ahead and manually checked the output of 'ls -a /proc'
against that of 'ps -A' and found out, that there are 4 processes in
/proc  (3-6) which don't show up as PIDs in the 'ps -A' output. There
are however four processes (ksoftirqd_CPU0, kswapd, bdflush, kupdated)
in existence that show a PID of 0.
Am I right to assume that this is not the lkm kit, but rather some
weiredness in PID assignment?

The same PID thing is happening on my testing/unstable laptop -
compromised as well or something else amiss in the distro, maybe related
to the server break ins?

Any comment is highly appreciated.

Joh