RE: is iptables enough?

I tend to agree and usually set my policies to DROP.
One notable exeption is TCP dest port 113, which I prefer to REJECT,
cause I don't like to wait for Auth timeouts when I login to IRC.

Drawback of this : REJECTING some packets helps nmap detect your OS
(nmap needs one open port and one REJECT for best results).

Back to the policy, I guess setting it to REJECT or DROP is quite related
to the use of your machine ; also you "probably" want to REJECT unauthorized

packets that come from your intranet.