Re: OT: Consensus

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Spencer" <CSpencer@CAIT.org>
To: <debian-security@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 9:19 PM
Subject: Re: OT: Consensus

> I am someone who rarely (if ever) posts to this list.
> What Ted and Thomas have said is reasonable.

Of course its reasonable, in fact, why don't we move the lower volume
ON-topic security discussions to a different list? Or put [ON] in the
subject line? We can then use the debian-security list for politics,
religion, poetry and any other [OT] posts we like without having to bother
with all the [ON] topic stuff - hoorah.

Hey - why bother with topic guidelines at all? This is where all the folks
we want to spam are - and lot's of them have to subscribe for work, so they
cant get away! He he he!

> It's not a major problem to anyone here to filter an email if they don't
> want to see off topic messages.

Yeah - I only check my email from a few places - 4 PCs at work, 3 at home, a
couple of laptops from a pool of about 20 company laptops and of course the
webmail interface. Did I mention that the clients are variants of Outlook
and Outlook Express and that the filtering doesn't work reliably? Oh and
filtering rules that follow non-roaming profiles? I wish.

Why don't the [OT] proponents set up a Yahoo! group and publish the URL?
Then you can flame each others religions, politicians and poetry without
clogging my already full inboxes.

please?

* see Debian span definitions re politics