Re: Peace is not off topic

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:23:04 -0800 Ted Parvu <ted@parvu.net> writes:
> The "Bush Doctrine" clearly spells out that America is now an
> Empire.
> "You are either with us or against us."

When did Bush actually say that America is now an empire?  he didn't.
Bush doesn't want to go to war with Iraq, but he knows that it is
inevitable.
Who attacked first, the terrorists or the US?  Iraq is known to support
terrorism and has been developing chemical and biological weapons for
years.

The members of "old europe"
> [sic] had best be careful lest Bush decide they are against us.
> Afghanistan was just the beginning.  Iraq is next, then probably
> Iran,
> Syria, Saudi Arabia, North Korea, and Pakistan.  By then the world
> will
> be a very different place and I would not presume that the European
> Union won't find itself facing the military might of the empire.

Are you saying that nations in the EU will start sponsoring radical
Islamic terrorist groups, as Afghanistan and Iraq have?

> Find this hard to believe?  Then you are not paying attention.

I'm afraid you are the one who has not been paying attention.
The US can't have peace when there are people with chemical and
biological weapons who would be willing to die to destroy the US.

--
Robert Wilson
han_solo55@juno.com

Only $9.95 per month!