Re: Need recomendations for https proxy that serves as a firewall proxy

On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 11:33:02AM +0200, Haim Ashkenazi wrote:
> I have a client that have an exchange server inside the LAN and he wants to
> access the web interface from the world. I thought I'll put a transparent
> proxy server on the DMZ. apt-cache search proxy gave a few options but
> except squid (which is a little overkill for this) I don't know any of them
> (especially in terms of security) and I'm looking for recommendations.

Um, do I understand correctly that you want to allow access from the
internet to a machine in your client's LAN? In that case, squid is indeed
the wrong solution.

Maybe have a look at sslwrap+redir, or stunnel, which can run on any
machine in your DMZ and forward incoming connections to the internal
machine, adding SSL encryption to make it more secure.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯