Re: GnuPG & mutt on Woody 3.0r2.

On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 12:35:49PM -0700, s. keeling wrote:
> > >gpg: Signature made Sun Dec 21 17:50:12 2003 MST using DSA key ID 946886AE
> > >gpg: BAD signature from "Trey Sizemore <trey@fastmail.fm>"
>
> Now, from the same guy, same key, why do I get "Bad signature?"

Is there something different about this email compared to the one
earlier? Some mailing-lists, for example, adds info about the list at the
end of the messages sent on them so the signatures fails. If you tried
to verify a file, download and try again.

> > Have you already tried another key server? For example wwwkeys.pgp.net?
>
> Tried that this morning.  It failed miserably.  However, pgp.mit.edu
> works fine.

pgp.mit.edu and many other PKSd keyservers cant handle multiple subkeys,
use a server running SKS[1] so you know that you get the whole key if it
uses subkeys.

[1] Examples of keyservers running SKS:
    keyserver.bu.edu
    keys.se.linux.org
    pgp.sjbcom.com
    keyserver.noreply.org

/Thomas
--
== thomas@northernsecurity.net | thomas@se.linux.org
== Encrypted e-mails preferred | GPG KeyID: 114AA85C