Re: getting started with SELinux

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 11:40:12AM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 06:03, Forrest L Norvell wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm attempting to set up an SELinux system using the Debian packages
> > and am unashamed to admit that I'm a little stuck at the moment.
>
> If you're planning to run a production system, I'd recommend
> starting from Debian woody and Brian May's woody SELinux packages.
> You don't get some of the nice newer features, but it is quite
> stable and works well.
>
> Certainly I would never run a production system on sarge or sid, but
> some prominent people here disagree, so take it for what it's worth
> :)

I understand, but for a variety of reasons it makes more sense for me
to run this system under sarge (I'm trying to avoid pulling from sid).
So far, things have gone surprisingly, but we'll see if I can get
everything working. ;)

yours,
Forrest

--
       . . . the self-reflecting image of a narcotized mind . . .
ozymandias G desiderata     ogd@aoaioxxysz.net     desperate, deathless