Re: getting started with SELinux

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 11:06:40PM +1100, Russell Coker wrote:
> >  2. When I attempt to boot into my SELinux kernel (all packages,
> >     versions, and kernel configuration options at the end of this
> >     message), I get an error about being unable to find
> >     /usr/bin/load_policy, even with an initrd that uses the script
> >     provided by selinux-default-policy. Is there anything special I
> >     need to know about building the initrd? I imagine this may be
>
> Sounds like you have /usr on a separate file system.  If you upgrade to
> sysvinit 2.85-7.se3 then it should work.

This did the trick, thanks!

> > un  libselinux-dev        <none>                (no description available)
> > ii  libselinux1           1.2-1.1               SELinux shared libraries
> > un  libselinux1-dev       <none>                (no description available)
> > un  old-selinux-policy    <none>                (no description available)
> > ii  selinux               2003081307-8          Management utilities for
>
> "selinux" should be removed, it is for the old SE Linux.  It should have been
> automatically removed because of conflicting with the new packages.

I removed selinux and updated to the new version of coreutils (which
is necessary even though I'm running a 2.4.x kernel -- is this
weird?), which fixed my policy problems, and now I have a policy
installed and loaded. Now I have a question about devfs: I use devfs +
devfsd, but I don't have devfs-se.so, nor do I know where to find
it. selinux-policy-default installs a conf file into devfs's conf
directory that requires it, though. Where do I get devfs-se.so? Do I
need it? Is using devfsd with SELinux silly?

thanks for all the help,
Forrest

--
       . . . the self-reflecting image of a narcotized mind . . .
ozymandias G desiderata     ogd@aoaioxxysz.net     desperate, deathless