Re: certificate server (ejbca)

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 15:21:14 +0100 (CET), Henrik Andreasson wrote:

>Here comes answers from the main developer Tomas Gustavsson
>
>//Henrik Andreasson
>
>>>If your out to get a larger CA server (works for smaller installations
>>>too) check out ejbca, build on Enterprise Java Beans.
>>>
>>>ejbca.sf.net / http://sourceforge.net/projects/ejbca
[...]
>It's reliable. It's customizeable. It's modern (latest standards). I't s
>easy to set up and testdrive. It's user friendly. It's actively
>developed. It's cheap. It's embeddable. It's secure (hopefully :). And
>it also has a great looking GUI :)
>You can also point out that Java is a great language...

Okay, sounds great - but for those of us who don't have a J2EE server
to hand (no Tomcat, or Jakarta, or somesuch ?) is it fair to say that
this is *not* a simple CA solution ?    Is it still easy to set up if
all you have is a plain Apache server to begin with ?

Thanks,

Nick Boyce
Bristol, UK
--
"... the fundamental design flaws are completely hidden by the
superficial design flaws."