Re: apache security issue (with upstream new release)

Sorry, I missunderstood your answer. I thought you were redirecting me
to the other ml. I've also read the answer sent by Matthew Wilcox
<willy@debian.org> to this same thread (amongst other related messages
and likes).

My opinion is that if a security bug is discovered it should be fixed
ASAP. It's really simple. The argument: "We believe that there is no
security update required because intentionally exploiting this
vulnerability requires access to apache's configuration (either
http.conf or .htaccess)." is equivalent to:
"yes, we know that our .deb is vulnerable but we are not going to fix
it because it is difficult to exploit or the exploitability is
limited".

Wrong, wrong, wrong. We're talking about a known security issue. Why
not fixing it?  All security issues should be taken into account and
should be fixed!!! What would it happen if someone has discovered a
different attack vector for the *same* bug? Should we wait for this
event to occur? Not really a good idea...

 Regards,
 --Roman

--
PGP Fingerprint:
09BB EFCD 21ED 4E79 25FB  29E1 E47F 8A7D EAD5 6742