Re: How efficient is mounting /usr ro?

On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 11:51:45PM -0400, Daniel B. wrote:

> So what is it that you're arguing about?  That computer security in
> general is not information security?  If so, so what?  That's why
> ISO says" _information_" security instead of just "security."

If you read the thread, you can see that what started this part of the
discussion was a claim that mounting /usr read-only was a security measure
just because it makes the system more reliable.

That's "availability" as in "system is more often available to users" rather
than "system makes information available to the right people".  I hope that
by now the difference is clear to everyone involved.

--
 - mdz