Re: How efficient is mounting /usr ro?

Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 06:26:01PM +0200, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
>
> > And to reply to myself:
> >
> > Information Security - As defined by ISO-17799, information security is
> > characterized as the preservation of:
> >
> >     * Confidentiality - ensuring that information is accessible only to
> >       those authorized to have access.
> >     * Integrity - safeguarding the accuracy and completeness of information
> >       and processing methods.
> >     * Availability - ensuring that authorized users have access to
> >       information and associated assets when required.
>
> ISO, I'm afraid, does not document either English or Information Technology.
> They are free to define terms however they like ....

Preventing crackers from breaking into your system and stealing data
preserves your information's confidentially.

Preventing crackers from corrupting your data preserves your
information's integrity.

Preventing successful denial-of-service attackes preserves the availability
or your information.

So how are those definitions invalid?

Daniel
--