Re: How efficient is mounting /usr ro?

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 03:44, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> In article <[🔎] 200310190032.53418.russell@coker.com.au> you wrote:
> > Anyway perhaps we should get a new mailing list debian-security-de for
> > the German meaning of security.  Then the rest of us can discuss crypto,
> > MAC, and other things that match the English meaning of the word.
>
> Very funny. Personally I feel you are just short sighted, but if you like

It's not a joke.  This list was not created for discussions on how to avoid
FSCK problems on servers that run all the time, debian-isp was created for
that sort of thing.

When an existing list doesn't fill a need then the best thing to do is to
create a new list.  If you get a debian-security-de list as I suggest then
you can discuss things in German too, which should be a double benefit.

> me to shut p on this issues, I have no problem with that. However, how good
> is a box which cannot be hacked but can simply be DOSed?

Name one DOS attack that is avoided by mounting /usr ro.